Friday, November 13, 2009

The Lunch That FINALLY Happened

On Wednesday of this week I was finally able to make it over to The Lunch Studio. It's located at 444 S. Saginaw St. in Flint, Mich. 



After finding my own seat a waitress brought me a menu. I love their vegetarian chili so I ordered a bowl (pictured right) for $2.75 (price is with sandwich purchase).



The chili is full of beans, corn, and peppers, among other things. It has a nice, medium spice too. The spice isn't overwhelming, but it's hot enough to need a drink near by. The chili came with two packs of saltine crackers as well. 


It was definitely filling, and it almost left me wondering if I was going to be able to eat my sandwich.

I quickly changed my mind, however, once my $4.75 cheddar and tomato grilled on sourdough bread (pictured left) sandwich arrived. The sandwich was so hot and fresh I had to left it cool down for a minute before I could eat it. 


Once I was able to take a bite, gooey cheddar cheese and fresh tomatoes filled my mouth. They didn't skimp on anything. There were so many tomatoes that some of them were falling out, they could hardly fit on the sandwich! 


A side of chips came with the meal, but I didn't get to pick which kind I wanted. I think they gave me original flavored Ruffles. I like Ruffles so I didn't really care that the chips were chosen for me. Two lemon slices also came with the meal. I didn't eat them because I don't usually eat just a slice of lemon. In the past I've received other fruit, though, like watermelon, cantaloupe, orange, and pineapple. 


The Lunch Studio doesn't have a Web site, but they do have a MySpace and Facebook page. 


In addition to great food, The Lunch Studio also supports the arts. They sell and display art from many local artists. One artist, Flint Handmade, recently thanked The Lunch Studio for their support and efforts. 


I can't get enough of The Lunch Studio. I would eat their vegetarian chili and grilled cheese sandwiches everyday if I could. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the mention! We hope you join us at our upcoming craft events at The Lunch Studio! More info is on our website. :)

    Crystal
    Flint Handmade

    www.flinthandmade.com
    www.flinthandmade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete